We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Roads and Rights of Way

Reporting problems on the roads in Dorset

The best way to get something done about a problem on the roads is to report it on the Dorset County Council website. If you notice a pothole, a blocked drain, or an issue with roadworks, go to the website below and follow these steps, selecting  the issue you are reporting. This example is for a blocked drain.

Home page on middle of left hand choices select 'Report an issue'

What would you like to report?

Are you reporting an emergency Yes/No

Scroll to bottom of page press Next>

Drainage including flooding and manhole covers Then press 'show more' and select Gully or drain blocked or whatever you wish to report Scroll to bottom of page press Next> And a map will appear where one can zoom to identify exactly where the problem is you wish to report.